Lead Underwriting team in achieving team production and profitability objectives. Screen, underwrite, and price new and renewal business within delegated authority in accordance with company goals, objectives, and guidelines. Recommend underwriting policy regarding a program’s direction.
1. Responsible for workflow among team members and manages staff in order to achieve team goals.
2. Analyze information on new and renewal business in order to accept, price, modify or reject business within delegated underwriting authority level.
3. Recognize submissions that exceed underwriting authority and refers them on the appropriate personnel for their review. Prepares the referral package including a complete underwriting analysis and recommendations for risk acceptance or rejection.
4. Explain coverage(s), rules forms, and decisions to agents/brokers, company personnel, and policy holders as needed or required.
5. Conduct agents/brokers visitations, internal and external, to establish and maintain contacts and develop additional business. An agency agenda or itinerary of scheduled objectives will be used. A call report will be competed to summarize the visit.
6. Participate in agency underwriting audits.
7. Review and analyze communications from other departments and successfully applies that information to underwriting issues within the underwriting department.
8. Train and mentor Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants as necessary.
9. Implement underwriting control to monitor account activity by agency and overall for agents and territory assigned.
10. Provide training and assistance to agents/brokers as necessary on underwriting matters, procedures, processes, forms and rating.
11. Perform other duties as requested by management.