1. Gather the latest and most pertinent data to generate reinsurance reports. This includes, but is not limited to, the review of “Changes in Large Loss” and “New Claims Incurred” reports and other germane reports to target claims for proactive reinsurance reporting.
2. Print claims checks from various systems daily.
3. Verify W-9s as necessary via the Internal Revenue Service website. Obtain W-9s from payees when necessary. Enter information into various systems as required. Process year end 1099s.
4. Provide the Support Assistants direction on the processing and implementation of new programs and activities.
5. Perform all data entry of bonds and bond maintenance as required.
6. Daily audit and approval of “Check Register” and/or drafts. Confirm adequacy of balance of self-insureds. Ensure drafts meet insurance company or self-insured program requirements.
7. Perform all cancel/rewrites of claims assigned by Manager. Assist with performing necessary changes to claims data entry.
8. Assist with PIP bill review.
9. Update Operations guideline manual.
10. Preparation and verification of daily, weekly and monthly report data and analysis as requested.
11. Log and track all corporate claim files for storage.
12. Maintain check stock and toner for the check printers.
13. Research and maintain documentation of positive pay suspect items after notification from Accounting. Validates and maintains paper trail and copies to Controllers.
14. Maintain documentation regarding drafts destroyed for misprints or data errors.
15. Provide voided draft information by insurance company or self-insured program to Accounting monthly.
16. Shred drafts and other sensitive documents
17. Provide assistance to all branches with claims entry or data processing as assigned.
18. Assist with resolving any claims financial issues for Claims and Accounting or other financial departments within MIG.
19. Maintain any financial documentation for claims payments as necessary.