To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent.
· Having or working towards their CPCU and 4 years of experience in Underwriting.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general pubic.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to use office automation software (Microsoft, Corel, etc.) to produce routine correspondence, simple spreadsheets, and basic presentations. Ability to learn and apply the use of company-specific systems and software to inquire on existing information and enter new or revised information. Ability to access and negotiate the internet to access and acquire information
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to walk and sit. The associate is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Policy
Meadowbrook is committed to equal employment opportunity and will administer policies and conduct employment practices in a manner which treats each associate and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, weight, height, veterans’ status, disability or any other legally protected status.